Saturday, May 15, 2010

Salute to North Carolina

I'm going to start out this blog with a shout-out to my lovely cohort members who just graduated from the Masters Counseling program at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. It feels amazing to have a Master's degree and will be interesting to see how we all put them to use in the future!

So Katie and I rolled out of Greensboro at 8:30am today. We caravanned with my wonderful parents, Phil and Linda, who devoted a lot of time and energy helping me pack up my life in North Carolina to move everything back home to Branson, MO. So the plan is, after a mini tour of Missouri to visit friends and family, I'll be re-packing and beginning the second and longest leg of our journey to San Francisco, CA (via Texas, New Mexico, and Nevada). And don't worry, although I may be broke by the time I get there, I will have a job working as a camp counselor at the Headlands Institute, an environmental education camp for kids.

And I have to give a shout-out to Katie! This road trip wouldn't be possible without her. Thanks for sharing the drive and bringing 70% of the fun! Love ya!

We have now made it to Nashville, our first major stop. Signing off for now, but check back soon for pics. Later for now, y'all!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yayyyy road trip buddy! Thanks for letting me come:). And I know you're giving me more credit for fun because of my road trip bingo and my chickfila plans...haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the travels are going well, you know now that I am home in Indiana I am missing you both more than ever and waiting to hear about all of your wonderful adventures. You are both amazing people and I am so glad we became such great friends over the past two years! Love you girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sam!!! We love you and miss you too! (And we're finding lots of entertaining things to send you that are not quite appropriate for the blog! haha ...more to come!)

    ReplyDelete