Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Late-Night Austin

Time for some late night blogging and picture updates. We owe so many thanks to Lindsey and John for showing us around Austin...taking us to the touristy places like 6th Street, where we naturally had a few shots thanks to Lindsey, and then off to Hole in the Wall where we got a taste of an authentic Austin Monday late-night scene, complete with the 2-step. And Katie and I tried some Lone Star, which we both approved of.  Open-air late night discussions of Corpus Christi followed.

After the vintage shops, running around Town Lake, and jumping in Barton Springs, I feel like I got my little taste of Austin, a smaller and more different scene than I was expecting, but a pleasing one at that. I can't quite describe the feeling I got from it, both vintage and completely new at the same time.  We're off to San Antonio tomorrow and Santa Fe, NM after that. But I hope to return to Austin someday, and give this  interesting place a little more time. We're planning on doing some late-night driving, which means we may pass through Roswell, New Mexico in the middle of the night. Bring it on, aliens.

p.s.  Our host in Austin, Lindsey, is a model and a clothing designer. Check out her amazing clothing line at www.lindseymariewhite.com !

No comments:

Post a Comment