Saturday, May 29, 2010

We made it to California! But first I'll update you on our journey through New Mexico, Arizona, and Nevada. Back in Santa Fe on Thursday morning, we left at 6am, making our stay with Dan in Santa Fe a full 48 hours. That was the longest time we've stayed in one place besides Branson, MO.

So we set off toward Arizona on I-40 and made our first stop at the Grand Canyon. Katie and I both thought that it felt like a different country because of all of the different languages we heard. The canyon was beautiful and large beyond comparison. I decided that next time I do the canyon I'm going to be much more hard core (going to hike on the Kaibab Trail, camp in Phantom Ranch, float the Colorado River, and ride mules up the north rim) and I'm going to do it all as a shout-out to my dad, who did all of those things the year I was born.
But we had Las Vegas to get to so we did the brief touristy Grand Canyon trip.
After getting back on 40, we headed toward Nevada. As we were leaving Arizona, we got stuck in our first traffic jam, which we guessed was caused by the police checkpoint most likely established as a result of Arizona's new immigration law.

Finally we crossed over the Hoover Dam, our second epic site of the day. And we finally made it to Vegas. We finally found a room at the Tuscany for 70 dollars. A steal. I showed Katie my old stomping grounds from spring break 2008, which included the Luxor, Excalibur, New York, City Center, Paris, and my all time fave, th
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment